A Blend of History and Elegance
Located in the picturesque village of Broke, Bonn Abbey is surrounded by wonderful cellar doors and restaurants and is only a 10-minute drive to the heart of the Hunter Valley. The soaring cathedral ceilings and exposed timber beams make you feel as if you have been transported to a Cotswold village in England. Bonn Abbey is luxuriously furnished and can sleep between 6-12 people making it the perfect place for a group of friends or family and yet still remain intimate enough for smaller groups. Bonn Abbey is the ultimate home setting to relax and indulge yourself.
Bonn Abbey’s large living room has a magnificent open fire for you to enjoy. Alternatively, you can sit back, relax and enjoy this wonderful house whatever the weather conditions outside. With special features such as a spectacular rural outlook, gourmet kitchen, reverse cycle air conditioning, BBQ, modern double spa bath and antique claw foot bath, a huge 50-inch plasma TV and entertainment unit, a WiFi sound system and free wireless internet – this is the perfect getaway! Relax and enjoy dinner around the large oak table or sit at the rustic hardwood setting on the verandah and enjoy breakfast with the birds and a view of the Broke Back Ranges. Many of the unique features of this wonderful house have a story to tell. The soaring cathedral ceilings showcase the exposed timber rafters and the floors are a combination of cool slate and polished floorboards with carpet in the bedrooms. Bonn Abbey has four bedrooms and two large bathrooms plus an extra separate toilet.
Accommodation & Rooms
Bonn Abbey has two bedrooms located on the ground level, each with a Queen size bed. On the upper level, the third bedroom has a King bed (or two King singles) plus a single day bed and the fourth bedroom has a Queen bed and two single beds.
In addition, there is a single day bed in the reading room with stairs leading up to one of the upper level bedrooms.
This provides comfortable accommodation for up to 12 guests. You can also relax in the enclosed screen patio seating area at the rear of the property which overlooks the gardens and backyard.
- Maximum 12 guests or 9 guests in individual beds
- Bedroom 1 – Queen bed with ensuite
- Bedroom 2 – Queen bed
- Bedroom 3 – Queen bed plus two single beds
- Bedroom 4 – King bed or two King singles plus single day bed
- Reading Room – Single day bed
- Weekend – minimum of 2 nights, 6 guests from $750 per night
- Midweek – minimum 2 nights, 6 guests from $565 per night
- Midweek – minimum 1 nights, 6 guests from $900 per night
- Extra guests are charged at $100 per person per night.
- Children under 13 years are charged at $60 per child per night.
- Infants under 2 are free.
A security deposit/bond of $1000 is required for your stay and is payable as a credit card pre-authorisation. This payment will be processed approximately 24–48 hours before your arrival and expire 3-6 days after departure.
- One night stays are available midweek.
- Weekend one night stays may be available but will attract a surcharge.
- Weekend Public Holiday bookings must a minimum 3-night stay at the full weekend daily tariff.
- Easter, Christmas and New Year are a 3-4 night stay and charged at the full weekend daily tariff.
- Concert weekends must be a minimum of 8 guests.
I would like to thank you. From the moment we walked in the door and unpacked our Christmas goodies we felt right at home. Our stay was made even more enjoyable because the home accommodated all our needs. We had all our family meals at the large dining table and not once were we short of utensils cutlery or crockery The living areas and bedrooms we’re a wonderful surprise and very comfortable and cosy. I will definitely be recommending Bonn Abbey to others and am already thinking of the next big family event we need to celebrate so we can get away.
Bonn Abbey is located in the picturesque village of Broke and is surrounded by wonderful cellar doors and restaurants including the fabulous Margan Restaurant and Cellar Door and Krinklewood Biodynamic Vineyard. In addition, the heart of the Hunter Valley is only a 10 minute drive away!
Less than two hours from Sydney and 90 minutes from Newcastle, the Broke Fordwich area has great restaurants and a selection of over 15 Cellar Doors
Please use the form below for any enquiries or quote requests.